Now that the threat has either stopped or is under control you will need to reassess and act accordingly.
- Scan the area for possible exits or more threats
- If no threat exists move to safety immediately while creating distance
- Assess yourself physically for injury or wounds •Seek medical or police help if needed
- Write down the events as you remember them and then recheck them the following day, Your brain will process this situation & you will be able to fill in any gaps that were missed from the initial incident
- If the threat is still active you will need to act accordingly and then re-apply the steps above once you are safe
Your reassessment will let you mentally prep for more physical interaction if needed, the ability to now create space (distance) safely, and/or get help so you can be safe.