Resorts are typically safe environment and people often feel like they can let their guards down. But you still must be smart and aware.
- Always stay in groups or pairs – especially at night.
- Don’t get excessively intoxicated, this makes you an easy target
- Keep a low profile or another way of thinking of this is “don’t make yourself a target”
- Don’t leave your drink unattended & don’t accept drinks from strangers
- Keep your departure dates to yourself – sexual assaults statistically occur on the last night of stay at a resort
- If going off the resort, check the safest travel excursion options – taxi and public transit are the most common places for harassment