A situation may have mental and physical impacts.
Physical – seek out appropriate medical assistance immediately. If possible, photograph your injuries.
Mental – attacks can have physiological impacts. If you’ve been through or witnessed a traumatic event seek out qualified professionals. Know the signs of mental trauma (PTSD) Some examples would be:
- Flash backs to the event
- Increases use of alcohol or rugs
- Memory loss specifically around the event
- Intense feelings of distress
- A lack of motivation for life or daily activities
- Upsetting memories of the specific event that don’t go away
If any of these symptoms show up seek professional medical attention immediately!